I liked these!
Timothy Satryan of Wilmington First Assembly of God offers ten rules to make 2007 truly a happy new year!
1. Today I will not strike back
If someone is rude; if someone is impatient; if someone is unkind . . . I will not respond in like manner.
2. Today I will ask God to bless my "enemy"
If I come across someone who treats me harshly or unfairly, I will quietly ask God to bless that individual. I understand the "enemy" could be a family member, neighbor, co-worker or stranger.
3. Today I will be careful about what I say
I will carefully choose and guard my words, being certain that I do not spread gossip, slander or malign anyone in any way.
4. Today I will go the extra mile
I will find ways to help share the burden of another person. I will find ways to make life more pleasant.
5. Today I will forgive
I will forgive any hurts or injuries that come my way. (I will also work to forgive injuries that have been inflicted upon me in the past)
6. Today I will do something nice for someone, but I will do it secretly
I will reach out anonymously and bless the life of another person.
7. Today I will treat others as I wish to be treated
I will practice the golden rule -- do unto others as you would have them do unto you -- with everyone I encounter.
8. Today I will raise the spirits of someone who is discouraged
My smile, my words, my expression of support, can make the difference to someone who is wrestling with life.
9. Today I will nurture my body
I will eat less; I will eat only healthy foods; I will thank God for my body.
10. Today I will grow spiritually
I will spend a little more time in prayer today; I will begin reading something spiritual or inspirational today; I will find a quiet place (at some point during this day) and listen to God's voice!