Thursday, February 08, 2007

Anna Nicole Smith's Death

I was taken aback today when I read about the death of Anna Nicole Smith. Lest you are looking for a joke about this, there isn't one. This is, to me, a sad tale.

Smith, sadly, was on a bad trail for most of her life. She was an exotic dancer, turned Playboy model, turned wife of a very old, very rich man. Upon his death the man's son challenged Smith for the estate and the man's son died in the battle. Anna Nicole recently gave birth to a little girl and then almost immediately lost her son to a drug overdose. Questions still remain as to who the father of the baby is. Anna Nicole was 39 years old and yet, in so many ways, still a child.

It's so sad. This is a story of a woman who pulled herself up but she pulled herself up into more and more trouble. She was wild. She was immature. I suspect that there was drug use. There was an endless stream of men in her life and no stability.

When I read that she died I was surprised----then wondered how I ever thought this dreadful story would end.

1 comment:

lawguy said...

For a woman who yearned to emulate Marilyn Monroe, the manner of her death is a rather ironic end to the sad tale.