Saturday, September 15, 2007

Random Musings

Demetrius Jones, Notre Dame's backup quarterback----the one who started game one, did not even show up for the team bus. He was replaced by a freshman Jimmy (Deer in the Headlights) Clausen who so dazzled everyone with his performance against Penn State. It does remind me that the name Charlie Weis and the word 'genius' haven't been used in the same sentence for a while. It's funny that the assistant coaches of Bill (I Wasn't Cheating, I Just Have a Different Interpretation of the Rules) Belichick, haven't done that well.

The Mets can't beat the Phillies and the Red Sox can't beat the Yankees. Huh. It makes me think that the Red Sox need to recruit Bill (I Wasn't Cheating, I Just Have a Different Interpretation of the Rules) Belichick to help read Yankee signs.

President Bush's plan was a real surprise. We're going to 'stay the course' in Iraq. I know that we are making progress. From his progress reports, I think that we are soon going to be entering Norway.

It has come out that the Defense Department and the Department of Homeland Security have such bad accounting practices that they cannot pass any basic auditing reports. It almost makes me speechless. As far as leadership, however, we will stay the course.

Wow. OJ Simpson is in the news again. Speechless again.

If the New York Giants were to send spies into a stadium to steal signs, they would wear bright red and blue shirts with the word SPY emblazoned on them. The New York Giants have a long term history of ineptitude on such things. In 1963 they were the first NFL team to take a crack at cheerleaders. The cheerleaders ran out on the field and held up cards that read: Og Ginats Og! They made sure when the built Giants Stadium to make the sidelines too small to have cheerleaders lest anyone else come up with any more bright ideas.

I almost want to feel sorry for Michigan and Notre Dame.

I can't. I lived in Ohio for 11 years. I can't feel bad for Michigan.

Notre Dame is the college football equivalent of the Yankees in baseball, and Duke in college basketball, and the Cowboys in the NFL. One of those teams that when they lose brings a smile to your face and warms your heart.

You have to like Notre Dame's chances today. They are, after all starting, Jimmy (Deer in the Headlights) Clausen who looks like he may have a career in the NFL being the back up to Rex (Deer in the Headlights) Grossman.

Eli Manning may play tomorrow. He was awesome last week and I hope he does play. I would love, however, to see the Hefty Lefty play in a game some time. He really is exciting and fun to watch. He has a great arm, a super competitive spirit and despite what some say, he has amazing mobility for a man his size.

No comments: