Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Randomness

Living near Kentucky enables a person to watch Kentucky political ads. They are a site to behold. One only needs to watch them and shower and gargle often. Ugly stuff. Sad thing is that someone usually always wins.

Tiki Barber's picture was shown at Giants Stadium and he was lustily booed. Last year, with him, they were 5-2 with a solid running game. This year, without him, they are 5-2 with a solid running game. And....they are playing as a team and there is little drama coming out of the locker room. It's looking like the source of most of the drama, no surprise, was Tiki. Now he gets to sit with Matt and Meredith and talk about handbags and shoes.

Joe Torre fired George Steinbrenner. Hooray for Joe!

The fires in California are awful. The devastation is incredible. I feel so badly for those people. I heard on the news today that the fire is 0 percent contained and that they have had the largest evacuation since the Civil War. Horrible.

Dr. Randy Pausch is a professor at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh. His website is this:

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~pausch/Randy/oldRandyPage.html

I saw him on Oprah the other day. I do not usually watch Oprah but my wife 'made me' and wow. She was right in making me watch it. He gave a 'last lecture' a tradition at that school. In his case, however, this is closer to reality than for many. Randy Pausch has stage 4 pancreatic cancer and demonstrates an amazing ability to live. Amazing man.

I wonder how much Bobby Petrino is enjoying Atlanta. I saw Bobby and his team live when they played the Giants on Monday night football. It was interesting watching the old U of L offense done by people who can't play well against a tough NFL defense. I will say this. U of L misses Bobby Petrino...

No comments: