Wednesday, April 29, 2009

God in People

Facebook seems to have started for college students but it has evolved into something much more than that. We now had students beginning in high school all the way through adults on Facebook. I never thought I’d like it----it was for kids.

It is great to be wrong on occasion.

I have reconnected with some people from high school.

I have reconnected with people I went to college with. Like my college friends, we have all gotten a bit older. I graduated from college 32 years ago and so I guess this has to be taken into account.

What has been great is that I have reconnected with people I taught in high school in the early 1980's. I was a young adult and they were kids and we are all middle aged now. (No offense to them!!!!) I am struck my how accomplished they are and what incredibly fine human beings they are. They were great kids and even greater adults.

I have reconnected with people, mostly who were kids in my other churches and who are mostly grown and adults. My previous church to here and a church I served in Pennsylvania. Amazing people.

I also have lot of friends, church members, youth, college students, and colleagues on my Facebook ‘Friends’ Page.’

And, of course, my wife and daughters.

I realize, in a very profound way, that I have been a person truly blessed with wonderful people in my life.

One thing has become apparent to me. I studied theology for a lot of years and have read a lot of books about God. I am, what most would consider, theologically literate and, on occasion, astute. But I also know that I have learned more about the presence and goodness of God in life less from books and more in the people I have known. It makes me realize just how fortunate a person I am to have been so blessed.

No comments: